Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happy Birthday to Us!

Amazing!!!!  That's the only word I can think of that can even come close to describing my first year with you!  Thank you, thank you, thank you....from the bottom of my heart, thank you! 

One year ago today, I stared at a blank computer screen hoping for inspiration to design my website for the launch of a new venture.  I hesitantly launched a facebook page and remember hitting the "publish" button while my heart sat in my throat!  I said to myself, "Well, I've done it now."  I prayed for acceptance and that my little "something for me to do" (while being a new stay at home mom) would grow into enough to keep me busy during Reese's naps.  I remember submitting a portfolio to a professional printer and crossing my fingers that I would be approved.  I had to enter a number of shoots that I would be able to meet each year.  As I type this today on my one year anniversary, I can tell you that that little number, that little goal was not only met, it was exceeded....not once, not twice, not three or four times, but by FIVE times!   It brings tears to my eyes to even think about all of the sessions I've had over the last 365 days...how many of you have come into my life.  I've met your families, been welcomed into your homes, and helped your grandmothers decide which 8x10 she should get.  I've created lifelong relationships and even friendships.  I've gone from staring at a blank computer screen and praying for a few clients to sending up prayers of thanks for each and every one of you!  Even though my little venture has turned into lots of late nights, I am so thankful and I love every minute of it:)  It's humbling, exciting and down right AMAZING!

Thank you for sending your friends and family to me.  Having your trust and being able to capture your precious memories just fills my heart! 

Looking forward to many more!

Love,
Candace

1 comment:

  1. You do wonderful work and I thoroughly enjoy looking at it.... I guess that's why I comment on pics of people I don't even know. But most of all Candace, thank you for being a wonderful God honoring woman who is an amazing wife, mother and friend. I count myself very fortunate to be able to call you friend. I know there are many wonderful things in your future. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete