Monday, March 19, 2012

The Big Announcement!!!!!!!!!

It is my pleasure to announce the opening of my new studio in downtown Philadelphia! Two years ago this month, I started this business because my love for photography grew along with our newborn daughter.  She gave me the desire to stop time with photographs. As a mom, I know I am not alone in this area.  We all want to stop time.  We all want to look back and remember those little smiles, tiny toes and curly locks!  It literally brings tears to my eyes as I write this...my passion has become capturing those memories for as many parents as I can.  It's my life's gift, my love. 


As my passion grew, so did my business.  Thanks to you, I had a full calendar in my first year and an overbooked one in the second.  I opened a small studio in my home in the second year and it became apparent rather quickly that I would outgrow it.  My husband and I  talked and talked about how to expand.  What would be best?  A home addition? While driving through town one February afternoon (headed to pick up my little one from daycare), I noticed a chair on the sidewalk at our local antique mall.  Always a sucker for a chair with good bones and potential, I stopped to purchase it.  When I got out of the car, I noticed construction workers hard at work renovating a building three doors down.  I will admit, I had driven by the building every day heading to the daycare and often thought what a great studio space it would be!  At the counter, I asked what the plans were for the space, who owned it, etc. I mean, this is a small town, we are all nosy, right? The owner proceeded to tell me that the building was being renovated--no tenant, no plans.  As fast as I could, I asked the rent price range.  Wouldn't you know, there sat the perfect space with no tenant and the perfect rent!  WOW!  How's that for a coincidental shopping trip?  By the way, the chair was only $15, and I had it recovered and it looks fab! Ok, back to the big picture...


I have always felt that God had His hand in my business.  I feel His spirit leading me and sending me some of the most amazing clients!  My success thus far is all because of Him!  So, this is a bit of a leap of faith, but it feels right and I am so excited about the opportunity!  I know that this is right where I need to be.  And sometimes, the days are long and the nights are longer owning a business and doing it all on my own. But when a mom comes by to pick up her prints and literally cries tears of joy in the foyer of my home, I know this plan of His is just right for me!  At that moment it comes full circle and I have accomplished more than what I set out to do. 


An opening date has not been set as we are waiting on the building renovations to be complete.  We are tentatively scheduled for late spring 2012.  I hope that you will take the opportunity to stop by and tour our new space when it's open!  And by all means, get on the calendar...this will be a studio experience like no other:)  The 2000 square foot boutique studio features a natural light studio along with 6 studio bays and a client viewing gallery.


I can't wait to see you all in the new studio!!!!!! 


Love,
Candace

“…that you should show forth the praises of him who has called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.”  1 Peter 2:9

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this post! I'm so proud for you my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Your photos are awesome and you will do great! Be careful though- someone might come around and ask you to paint pigs and fair cabins. :)

    ReplyDelete